Monday 9 April 2012

MY DRUNKEN LOVER ....




Onceagain I want to write something perhaps not very different from what we knowand what we always hear, but its again one of those things that is required to be said over and over again! Its about another one of those feelings that has its own properties. I know the chemistry behind it (like the actual one, withscientific reasons etc) but to be honest, I think science sometimes destroys the beauty of things if we think about it too much! So at times, I decide to ignore it, even though I am usually the most logical person around.... It canbe annoying sometimes.
Anyways....I am writing this not because I am in love, but because I have seen a film thisafternoon with my favourite actor in....And just the way he acts, it makes mefeel like I am in love even if there is no one around to love at that moment.  There is that sentence from Marie Curie that says:”nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. “ ...
Perhapsif we understood love, we would try to get a grasp of it and make it go ourway.
Butwhat is love?!!! The Persian poet Hafiz, many times in his poems references tobeing in love, by describing it as being drunk after drinking wine, and everytime he talks about it, he asks the bearer provider to pour him more wine andmake him more and more drunk.
“Thecorner of the tavern is my altar, where I pray
at dawn, the mantra of the Old Magi, I say.
Fear not if the harp plays not at sun's morningascent
my morning cry of repentance is the music I play.
Thank God, free from beggars and kings, away, Istay;
Homage, to the beggar at the door of the Beloved,I pay.
For Thee, in the mosque and the tavern, my time, Ispent;
By God, from this intent, I never ran nor walkedastray.
Only, Angel of Death's blade can uproot my tent
running from love and grace has never been my way.
From the time that I made my search for Thee myintent
I lean upon the throne on which the sun may lay.
Not your fault was the sins that were put intoyour clay
nonetheless accept them, Hafiz, and good tastedisplay.”
Hafiz
Ghazal53
DivanHafiz
Idon’t know if you have read my “Leily and Madman” post, but I very much like torefer back to it. When the king found out about Madman being so much in lovewith leyli, he asked his people to bring her in, so he can see what is it abouther that made Madman to be so crazy for her. When they brought her in, heturned to leyli and said: “Madman became crazy for you, but you are not anybetter that the other pretty people”, Leyli answered back” It is because youare not Madman”. This is the bright red point of the story. You are not mylover and you are not looking at me through his eyes.
Ivery much like to think that this is what love is, but then again I look aroundme and I see everyday many people around me saying they love someone for manydifferent reasons other than this. When the eyes give order to the brain andnot the other way round, they fall in love with someone because of what theysee and they don’t see the person ina different way because they love them.
Fallingin love is not about having someone to fill the empty space next to you whenyou feel alone, but it should be a reason itself.  To love someone and then the hole will befilled. Loving is that feeling, when the person you love talks, you feel theworld has gone silent and no one else is around. The moment you feel when theperson you love looks at you, you want to melt. You feel nearly unconsciousconstantly. You are so drunk on his love, that you are paralysed and unable todo anything else. The moment you want to just put your hands behind your headand stop breathing for a second and then take that one deep breath and sigh everytime you think of them. Every time you look in their eyes, it is not to gettheir attention, but it is because you want to drawn in them.  Every time you drawn in their eyes, you don’t wantto leave there .... . You have thirst for their lips, and its not to calm youdown, but it’s to get you deeper in love with them.
“Iam drunk with Love, bearer, bring me some wine
This feast without a full jug, will run down anddecline.
Describing that beauty, neither seems right and nor fair,
Musicians play on, and wine-bearer bring me wine.
My stature is now curved, and your rivals from nowon
Won't tempt me through this door, with no otherwill align.
In my longings for Thy face, I, and hopefuldesires,
In hope of union, I, fancy, and dream combine.
Intoxicated with those eyes, where do I find mycup?
Lovesick with vision of those lips, of answersthere's no sign.
Hafiz, in search of the good, why put your hearton the line?
How can you quench one's thirst, through a miragethat may shine?”
Hafiz
Ghazal432
DivaneHafiz

I lovehow Hafiz does not think there is a difference between lust and love; you mayhave lust without love, but you can’t have love wit out lust.
“Othou, who considers separation of lovers fair
Keep lovers away from your side with your glare
I am thirsty in my desert, lead me to clear waters
With the hope of God's mercy, this path of yoursyou forbear.
You stole my heart, dissolved my soul, but
Better than you have treated me, of the otherstake care.
When my foes drink their wine from my cup
I cannot accept it, if fair you declare.
Listen fly; Phoenix's flight-path is not your air
You ruin your own name, and us you tire and wear.
Through your own deeds, you are now poor & bare
From complaints & your cries, I beg you, usspare.
Even kings, through their service fill their chair
Hope for nothing, if you will not do your share.”
Hafiz
Ghazal449
DivaneHafiz

Love& Peace
RonaSinni

No comments:

Post a Comment